As Optimist organizations, we bring out the best in youth. Having a myriad of projects, like Football, Soccer, Speech contests, Baseball, Hockey, Curling, Sign Language contests, Essay contests, Golf and other Scholarship programs. We help families train and care for their children.
The Pacific NW is a vast area, including Idaho, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia and Alaska. The total distance between our clubs is 2800 miles one way and 700 miles the other way. We drive a lot, but the scenery is spectacular.
Pacific Northwest Optimist
Things To Do List
It's time to complete our Optimist Year as an Honor Cllub.
- Complete the Officer Elect Report
- Complete the Club Pride Report
- 3 or more service projects are required
- Recognize someone for good services (a member or a community member or group)
- Membership growth of Net +3
- Appoint a Club Foundation Rep
- Club makes an unrestricted donation to OIF or CCOF
- Membership Drive (NOW Program)
- Attendance at District Meetings (Club Pres or Pres-elect, Convention or 2 Conferences)
- Be current on OI and District dues
Essay topic for the 2018-19 school year:
"When All the World’s Problems are Solved, is Optimism Still Necessary?"
CCDHH/Oratorical topic for the 2018-19 school year:
“Is There a Fine Line Between Optimism and Reality?”